Paleo Chocolate-Swirled Banana Bread Brie Grilled Cheese With Chocolate Drizzle
Its February, that means that all of you who are did the Whole 30 in January are done, and it’s a good time to treat yourself. Also, Valentine’s Day is just in a couple days, so it’s a great time to treat yourself and your special Valentine’s Day friend.
Now that I’ve pretty much convinced you to eat some chocolate, I have the best recipe for you. The best.
But not just any grilled cheese.
Grilled cheese with Brie and chocolate drizzle.
I know, Brie is not paleo. It just isn't. But I think I've been honest with you all in my journey with a paleo diet and my own personal flexibility in allowing some cheese and wine. And sometimes sprinkles. (Life's too short.)
So guys, you need to make this. Its deeeelicious, and I'm not just saying that because not only do I love George and Juli's blogs (I feel like I know them but I really don't. Creeeeper.), but I really just love banana bread and chocolate and cheese, which is like all of these things combined. George has let me share his banana bread recipe with you all, so make sure to go check out his page.
Once you try this, let me know how it goes! Perfect Valentine’s Day treat? Pretty much.
paleo chocolate-swirled banana bread brie grilled cheese with chocolate drizzle
- One loaf of chocolate-swirled banana bread
- 8 oz. brie
- 8 oz. high quality dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp. organic, grass-fed butter
- Slice banana bread into 8, 1-inch thick slices. Slice carefully so they do not crumble during the grilling process.
- Slice Brie into 8, 1-oz. sized pieces.
- In a skillet, heat butter. Place slices of bread into heated butter in skillet and let toast for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Once all slices have been toasted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches by placing 2 pieces of brie in between 2 slices of bread.
- Place each sandwich on heated skillet and grill each side for about 3 minutes, watching closely so bread doesn’t burn. Cheese should be completely melted.
- Place chocolate in a double boiler and melt. Drizzle over sandwiches and serve immediately.