Chocolate Donut Coffee Pops
If you recall, I created quite the buzz in the 4th of July when I teamed up with Tito’s Vodka to create these Cocoberry Vodka Pops. Ever since then, I’ve been trying to come up with some sort of popsicle recipe than can rival the great vodka pops, but no luck…
…and then it came to me. People like alcohol and popsicles, but what else do they like? Coffee and popsicles. With donuts. And Chocolate. So, I created these: the Chocolate Donut Coffee Pops.
Truly, I couldn’t have done it without Flavor God’s Chocolate Donut Seasoning, which you definitely need to buy right now. No, really, it sells out really fast. It is integral to making these popsicles, but also integral to making everything else all kinds of wonderful. (Like Chocolate Donut Seasoning on waffles, and on cookies, and in coffee, and not to be redundant….but on chocolate donuts.) I am also amazed because all the ingredients in the Chocolate Donut Seasoning don’t even seem like they should taste like a chocolate donut. BUT THEY DO.
On a totally related note, you definitely need to make these popsicles right. Now. Why? Because the beginning of the school year is coming up and I know all you readers with kiddos heading back to school need something to fuel you through the insanely early mornings. (Why do most schools start at 7:30? Whhhyyy?)
Oh! And kids can’t eat these. Nope. Why? Because they are filled with COFFEE. And chocolate donuts. But they don’t need to know that last part.
I think I’m onto something with this adult-only popsicle trend.
Some cook’s notes:
- If you cannot get your hands on the elusive Chocolate Donut seasoning, you can swap out the seasoning with 2 tbsp. dark chocolate cocoa powder and 2 tbsp. coconut sugar. These won’t be chocolate donut popsicles, but they will be chocolate coffee popsicles at the least.
- The butter and MCT oil is essentially the recipe for bulletproof coffee (fatty coffee), but now obviously in popsicle form.
chocolate donut coffee popsicles
Makes 8 popsicles
- 18 oz. freshly brewed coffee
- 3 tbsp. chocolate donut seasoning
- 3 tbsp. MCT oil
- 3 tbsp. grass-fed, organic, pasture-raised butter
- In a blender, blend all ingredients.
- Pour into popsicle molds, and let freeze for at least 6 hours.