I thought I would try a new thing here on South of Vanilla: The Daily 5. Now, I don't plan on doing this everyday, which begs the question of whether or not I should really have the word "daily" in the title. Ahh, well, semantics.
I get questions all the time from people wondering what things have helped me be paleo, what helps me stay on track, and what are the things I just can't live without. Simply stated, there are many things that help me get through the day, and many of these things change according to the actual day.
Maybe you see where I am going with this.
Or maybe not.
But here are the 5 things I am using today that help staying on the paleo track a little easier:
South of Vanilla's Daily 5, 1-19-2015
1. The Day Designer: No, this product was not intended for those following the paleo diet. However, it was intended for those that are the letmewriteeverythingdownandmakelists type of people. It is also intended for those that run small businesses, bloggers, high achievers, those that have specific goals, and people are just really busy. I've been open in talking about how following a primal lifestyle takes a lot more time- in terms of planning, shopping, and food preparation. I also run this blog (obviously), work full time, pick up PRN shifts, and travel about 2-3 times on average during each month. I have a boyfriend who I live with and an active social life. Busy is an understatement, so I really rely on this planner for a lot. I schedule the things I need to get done, plan out my days, and make lots of lists for every area in my life I am trying to manage. It even comes with worksheets that help you create goals, visions, and plans of action to help you achieve all that is possible in the areas of anything from personal finance to careers to strategic brand planning. The price tag for this one is expensive but so incredibly worth it.
2. Myrrhaculous Face Oil: I know, I've talked about Fat Face Skin Care before. A few times. And even hosted a coupon code for all my readers. I just love this company, and their products cleared up all the acne I had been struggling with for years. I wish I would have cut the chemicals from my body and beauty products ages ago.
3. Dehydrator: I use my dehydrator to make healthy snacks, which are both raw and primal friendly. My favorite, after the almost 3 years I have now had my dehydrator, are still kale chips. The dehydrator I have is on the lower end of the price spectrum, but it has suited me just fine all along. Love this gadget.
4. A really cool water bottle: I'm not the best at drinking water- I constantly have to remind myself to take sips during the day. Why? I'm not sure. That part in my brain that regulates adequate hydration must be damaged, I'm convinced of it. What does make me more attentive to water? Really cool looking water bottles. I currently love this one, and it is quite possibly the most simple biohacking experiment ever, the equivalent to "ooo look, something shiny!”, to make me pay attention to something important.
5. Dry Shampoo: I do Crossfit and hot yoga, which, as you probably guessed, makes me sweat a lot. I don’t have time to wash and dry and style my hair after every workout, which is where dry shampoo comes in. Not only does it keep hair smelling great and clean your hair without washing, but also it adds hair-commercial worthy volume. I've tried a lot of brands, but my favorite are Lush’s No Drought Dry Shampoo and Klorane’s Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk.
What do you guys use to get yourself through your days??